Thursday, February 19, 2009

I Love Technology...

The IT department at work swapped out my computer today. Apparently, the machine I had before was on lease and it was time for the little guy to go back to the leasing company. Who knew we leased our laptops? Not me.

Anyway, so I come back from a meeting this afternoon to see a shiny new laptop all hooked up and ready to go at my desk. Seems I got an upgrade--which is nice, I'm not gonna lie. However, along with a nicer machine they've also upgraded my software to Windows Vista. So, not only did I have to spend time backing up all my documents before they swapped out my lappy, but now I have to learn how to use Vista (while I'm still trying to figure out my Microsoft Office Suite which was also upgraded not too long ago, mind you). It's seriously affecting my productivity.

Don't worry, though. I'll catch on soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. We were using Microsoft 2003 there, we're we? 'Cuz now I'm using the 2007 version and I had to re-orient myself to Word and Excel to get things done. I felt like such an idiot when I'd said I was proficient in Excel on my resume and then it took me a little bit to get back to feeling comfortable doing a few things.
    Nice to have a new laptop though!

    ReplyDelete