Tips I learned from my recent trip to Europe, in no particular order:
10. Stay as close as you can to the stuff you want to see--otherwise you waste time traveling back and forth.
9. Pack light. If you think you've already packed light, take 1/3 of the stuff out of your suitcase.
8. Pay for a taxi instead of taking luggage on public transportation (i.e. bus or metro).
7. Bring a first-aid kit including at minimum: Pepto, Tylenol and band-aids.
6. Try as many different foods as you can (this is much easier if you stay healthy, unlike me on my trip).
5. Buy and follow a good guide book (Rick Steves is awesome)!
4. Carry a notebook and write down what statues, monuments, churches etc. you see each day so it will be easier to label photos later.
3. Don't stress about seeing everything. Pick two or three things to see each day and really enjoy them.
2. Getting upgraded to first-class--especially on an international flight--is one of the best things that can ever happen to you.
1. If you want to go...just go, baby!
Ordinary Days I Miss You
1 month ago