Thursday, February 26, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Here are mine:
1. Rebecca needs enlightenment! (I sure could!)
2. Rebecca needs a family that will provide her love and support (have it!)
3. Rebecca needs support around her eduacational goals, to keep her on track with her homework and to make sure she is truly understanding the concepts at hand.
4. Rebecca needs to take a p... (how did Google know I have been drinking lots of water today?)5. Rebecca needs a family--do you know someone? (someone with whom I could start my own family, perhaps? cuz that would be great) 5. Rebecca needs a prayer (always)
6. Rebecca needs the receipts from each chapter's recruitment chairs (apparently I'm the treasurer of some sort of club or sorority, who knew?)
7. Rebecca needs to take her contacts out (Huh? I just put in new ones this morning)
8. Rebecca needs to find out (find out what? Pretty much everything)
9. Rebecca needs to clarify (I'm a little confused about this one)
10. Rebecca needs someone to come stay with my dogs for 9 days (I didn't know I had a dog, let alone multiple dogs--but if I need someone to stay with them for 9 days I must be going somewhere far away. I hope it's someplace warm!)
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Anyway, so I come back from a meeting this afternoon to see a shiny new laptop all hooked up and ready to go at my desk. Seems I got an upgrade--which is nice, I'm not gonna lie. However, along with a nicer machine they've also upgraded my software to Windows Vista. So, not only did I have to spend time backing up all my documents before they swapped out my lappy, but now I have to learn how to use Vista (while I'm still trying to figure out my Microsoft Office Suite which was also upgraded not too long ago, mind you). It's seriously affecting my productivity.
Don't worry, though. I'll catch on soon enough.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Your Word is "Think"
You see life as an amazing mix of possibilities, ideas, and fascinations.
And sometimes you feel like you don't have enough time to take it all in.
You love learning. Whether you're in school or not, you're probably immersed in several subjects right now.
When you're not learning, you're busy reflecting. You think a lot about the people you know and the things you've experienced.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Since when did I become "one of the guys" and how did it happen? It certainly is not something I conciously encouraged, but it happened nonetheless.
Since when is it okay to make fart jokes and criticize girls in general or drool over a girl in front of another girl? I guess you wouldn't think anything of it if you thought of the girl who is in your presence as one of the guys. Then when someone does call you out on your comments that are inappropriate for mixed company you shove your foot in your mouth by saying "I forgot there was a girl here." Just keep on digging that hole, buddy.
Also, whatever happened to defending a lady's honor? And sticking by your defense instead of turning on her when she talks to you about it? Whatever happened to speaking to a girl like she's a lady regardless of her/your beliefs--especially if you just barely met her?
How about not telling a guy, in front of a girl he's been flirting with all night, that he should date another girl?! I understand that you might not see her as dating material for you, but she'd really like it if you wouldn't sabotage her chances with other guys. (This is a moot point in this particular instance because Flirty McFlirtster has turned out to be quite the space case. Which brings up another thing---sometimes I would like to stamp on my forehead, or wear a sign around my neck that says "don't flirt with me unless you're genuinely interested." I really do).
How about giving a sincere and genuine compliment or "thank you" instead of always being sarcastic and patronizing then following it up with a "JK" to try and smooth things over?
Oh, yeah and since when is it ok for a guy who claims to be LDS to write an LDS girl an e-mail(this is first contact, mind you) that simply says "so, when are we gonna get together and make out?" Ugh! How about Never!
So, as you can see, these grievances are not simply about being single on Valentine's Day, but also lamenting the lack of good, decent men who know how to treat a young woman like a woman.
And to top off my week of man-frustration I must go to a bridal shower. On Valentine's Day. And pretend to be happy that some other girl is taking one of the few good ones left off the market. I know she probably thinks it's romantic or cute or something, but to me it feels like she's rubbing all our noses in it.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Monday, February 2, 2009
Well, 2008 sure was a rollercoaster ride for me. It was full of ups and downs, lots of firsts and a couple of (hopefully) lasts. Just to name a few: first cruise, first business trip, survived my first big layoff at work, first engagement--and hopefully last broken engagement. I went to Texas and Maryland for the first time. Did I mention I worked under 3 different bosses last year? And that wasn't because I was changing jobs. To top it all off I bought my first home and moved into it just before Christmas!
So, to stay on the positive note, I decided to start a fresh new blog for this fresh new year. If you'd like to read my past blog entries, just give a little click. Here's hoping for more good things to come this year.
Oh...did I mention new boss number 4 started on Monday?