Thursday, October 8, 2009

Burnout

Do you ever feel burned out at work? maybe that's a dumb question, but I'm feeling that a lot lately. It's not just because it's our busy time of year. I like doing the out of the ordinary stuff that I am working on for our upcoming event. It's the normal responsibilities of my position that I've been doing day in and day out for the past 3ish years (have I really had this same position for 3 years?) that I simply have no desire to continue doing.

Anyway. I'm wondering if any of you ever feel the same way. What have you done to make it better? how have you rejuvenated your work self or regained enthusiasm for your job? Honestly, sometimes I feel like I just don't want to work anymore. I wish I could quit and read and crochet and cook all day...but, that's not really an option seeing as I'm not independently wealthy. So, I really would like some suggestions. Lay 'em on me!

1 comment:

  1. When I feel the boredom and need to be rejuvenated at work, I talk to my manager about it and ask for more responsibility and a new type of project to work on in addition to my current projects. That helps break things up for me and gives my mind some growth as I figure out the new project while still giving me a break from time to time to do the "regular" things that I could do in my sleep.

    ReplyDelete