Monday, August 17, 2009

Veggi-saurus Bex

ok friends. I need your help. Seriously. I want you to comment on this one. Last night my mom and I made a pact. And you all know how sacred mother-daughter pacts are so I need y'all to help me keep this one. Mom and I agreed to do a Raw Foods Cleanse for 10 days. 10 days! did you hear that? 10 whole days.

Today is day uno. it's not even over yet and I feel like I'm gonna die without my beloved carbs and such. We agreed that we get to have nuts and lean protein (i.e. sliced turkey or chicken), but I'm already running out of ideas about what I can eat. I've basically been eating straight fruit (a pear, a nectaring, cherries, strawberries) and a large helping of baby carrots today (ok, I cheated and had a slimfast type shake for breakfast, but I didn't think I could stomach straight fuit first thing in the am). I also had some sliced turkey and a handful of almonds. Two problems already arising, though: 1. I cannot get full and 2. I think I'm already developing a canker sore or two.

So here's what I'd like from all of you--any and all ideas you have about different fresh fruits and veggies and/or combinations thereof that I can eat raw...and where is the best place to buy them (i.e. inexpensive, but good quality)...enough ideas for 10 days worth of meals.

and...go!

2 comments:

  1. Are you doing whole foods or raw foods? I can handle the whole foods thing, just no processed stuff but you can still eat whole grains. Good luck! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, what about cheerios or shredded wheat in the morning? almonds and fiber one yogurt for a snack, air-popped popcorn is awesome with the shaker flavors they have at wal-mart. and you can eat a ton for not that many cals. and it fills you up. i ate steamed broccolli with lemon pepper and the fat free butter spray---dried fruit mix--just measure out the portion size. And what about the whole grain wheat thins? I just count out the portion size and it's 5 g. fiber.

    ReplyDelete