Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I have something I need to complain about...

So, my company is having an event in Brussels next weekend. I have been attending the planning meetings for this event every week for the past 2 months...but I am the only one from those meetings who has not been asked to go to the actual event in Europe. Talk about dangling the carrot!

In addition--it came out in yesterday's meeting that not only are they short staffed, but a lot of the staff who are going do not speak any of the needed European languages--hello, people, Je parle Francais! (and the Events director knows it!) so, why am I never asked to go? I guess I'm just not "cool" enough or something. So sad.

5 comments:

  1. Oh stink!! I'm sorry. They are losers for not opening their eyes and seeing the girl who can speak French AND is a hard worker!!

    You're too cool for school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not the "cool" factor that got you shafted. I'm guessing it has more to do with having a long memory and not being able to forgive that one trip I didn't take with you guys. I think just about everyone has missed a flight at one point or another. Can't remember why I wasn't on that trip. It's dumb to hold a grudge forever long when they so obviously could benefit from your sparkling personality and service oriented ways, not to mention your skill as an interpreter. Don't give up hope that you'll never go. They're just more likely to take the smooshers, if you know who I mean? That's a whole other level of talent.
    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I asked the manager in charge of this particular event and she said she didn't know that I spoke French--but I KNOW way back when that Jason told the director I do because he was trying to help me get invited to go on the 500K trip to Paris. And, I know that at least 3 other people in that dept know of my Freh skills. Whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I don't buy the excuse that they didn't know you spoke French either.

    ReplyDelete