Friday, April 3, 2009

Chili's Mushroom Swiss Burger is the devil

I was such a good girl yesterday, all week in fact!...3rd workout of the week yesterday: 25 minutes on the elliptical, crunches on the pilates ball and lots of stretching during my lunch hour after which I ate just 1/2 of my turkey sandwich from the Thanksgiving Point deli even though I was STARVING! Had the other half of said sandwich for dinner and left the bag of chips I considered eating with it unopened.

Today we had a baby shower (double baby shower, actually) for two co-workers/friends for which we went to Chili's. Had we gone to the OG, as originally planned I would have been safe and satisfied with some Minestrone and Salad. But the wait was 40 minutes so we went to Chili's where I succumbed to the temptation of the best chips and salsa in the world and a big fatty Mushroom Swiss Burger. "How did I manage to consume the entirity of that gi-normous burger?," I wonder now as I sit here still feeling my stomach streching to accomadate its volume. Because it was SO tasty and delicious, that's how!

My accomplishment of working out 3 times this week foiled by a burger. For shame. At least I didn't eat my chips and salsa with Ranch and I only ate, maybe 6 fries. That's something to feel good about, right?

2 comments:

  1. I did the SAME thing last night. Except it was fries at Chili's with the guiltless chicken. A LOT of fries. And they weren't even mine. I stole them from heather's kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate you sacrificing yourself for my shower! The present you gave was SUPER cute. Thanks gain!

    ReplyDelete