Friday, March 6, 2009

A Day of Rest

From Thanksgiving 2007 through about May of 2008 I lost appx. 20 lbs and 2 pant sizes by joining Weight Watchers. I stopped going to WW during the summer and since then a few of those el-bees have crept back onto my body and I am teetering on the edge of having to go back up a pant size--which I refuse to do! Thus I have climbed back onto the weight-loss bandwagon. I haven't gone back to WW (although I am trying to do the things I learned there), but I have the next best thing--a co-worker who's determined to lose the babyfat from her last born and knows a ton of stuff about health and nutrition. She's the best workout buddy ever--probably the closest I'll ever be to having a personal trainer.

Mostly thanks to my workout buddy, I exercised 4 times this week during lunch! Check us out:

Monday: jogging outside
Tuesday: yoga class
Wednesday: walking outside (extra difficult b/c of the gale-force winds out here at Thanksgiving Point)
Thursday: pumping iron

All week I've been telling myself that it's a good hurt. And if it helps me look good and get into yet a smaller size jeans it will all be worth it.

Monday we'll be back at it, but Today...we are resting.

3 comments:

  1. WW is the most common sense based "diet" plan. Because it's about living healthier rather than starvation. And having a workout buddy is another huge factor in success. If it weren't for friends I never would have joined cross country and discovered the benefits to running and endurance. Running's not for everyone, I know, but the intense cardio helps me stay balanced physically, mentally and emotionally. Cross training like you're doing keeps workout more interesting. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I wish I had your determination.

    ReplyDelete