Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Custom Artwork

As many of you know, I purchased my first home and moved into it just before Christmas. For the past couple of months I have been searching for a piece of artwork to go above my sofa. Despite my heculean shopping efforts I have been unable to find one that I like...so I made my own. It took several evenings of sticky fingers, 2 brown paper bags, 9 sheets of scrapbook paper, 9 artists canvases from BigLots and almost 3 bottles of Elmer's glue, but I think it turned out great! Feast your eyes on what I completed and finally got hung up this weekend:


The room needs a few more little touches like a lamp and some paint, maybe...but it is actually starting to feel quite cozy.

3 comments:

  1. Holy Crap!! That is so dang cute!!! I want to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need a closer view please! It's simply colorful from a distance.

    ReplyDelete