Monday, January 11, 2010

Just do something

I know we're over a week into the new year, so some may think it a little late to still be thinking about new year's resolutions. I heard from a lot of people over the last few weeks that they don't believe in making new year's resolutions. They believe in setting and working on goals all year long. In striving for progress all year long. While I agree with them I also feel like the end of one year and the beginning of the next is a natural time to think about where you are in your life and what you've accomplished contrasted with where you want to be and what you want to accomplish in the future.

So, among some of the goals I have chosen to work on this year is one that I would like to share with y'all. I have resolved to do something productive when I get home after work before I sit down to relax (most of the time this means watching a few hours of TV). Here are a few things I thought of to do--or have been doing when I get home:
  • empty or load the dishwasher
  • start a load of laundry
  • sort the mail
  • tidy up the living room
  • hang up the clothes piled on the chair in my bedroom
I know these aren't big things, but I'm okay with that. I figure the important thing isn't necessarily to accomplish a huge goal--it's just to do something...something to improve yourself, your space or your life.

What little productive things do you have to add to my list?

2 comments:

  1. I agree - perfect goal. I am going to follow your lead. I am also trying to work on "cleaning at least one area" each day - the floors, a bathroom, etc.

    ReplyDelete