Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Yes, I am (sigh) 30


I turned 30 yesterday. I was not particularly excited for this birthday to come--for a variety of reasons. I have had a whirlwind of thoughts and feelings about this milestone in the last week which I have shared with some of you. I may still write them here in the days to come, but for now I just want to share these words from a birthday card I received today at work--some birthday-related words that I feel are both sweet and wise. I hope to remember them each birthday from now on--whether it's a "milestone" or just a regular old birthday. Here they are:
Birthdays remind us
where we've been,
give us reasons to be proud
of where we are,
and, with every candle
on the cake,
let us dream
of where we'll be.


Here's to dreaming of where we'll be.

2 comments:

  1. I completely spaced both yours and Kristin's birthdays. Forgive me. And Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete